A comprehensive guide on how to apply for TSC primary school teachers jobs in Kenya (P1 Vacancies).
Recruitment of primary School Teachers in Kenya
The recruitment of primary school teachers in Kenya is done by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) which is the body responsible for the management of human resources in the education sector.
Requirements of being a primary school teacher in Kenya
- Must be a holder of a P1 certificate
- Must be a Kenyan citizen
- Must of 45 years of age and below.
- Must have original academic certificates from an accredited institution
- Must be registered with TSC as per section 23 of TSC act 2012.
Roles of Primary school teachers in Kenya
- Assisting and guiding learners with special academic interests and challenges.
- Evaluating individual student needs and progress.
- Attending workshops and conferences to enhance professional competence.
- Planning lessons according to approved curricula
- Collaborating with other teachers in the evaluation, development, and revision of school and classroom programs.
- Promoting extracurricular activities such as clubs and academic contests.
- Providing the learner with special needs with the necessary assistance in their learning process.
- Enforcing School rules and maintaining order among students
- Instructing students through lessons, demonstrations, and discussions.
- Establishing well defined lesson objectives and communicating these objectives to the students.
- Preparing learning materials and resources for classroom activities.
- Adapting instruction methods to meet the needs of learners based on their diverse needs and interests
- Grading classwork, homework, and tests.
- Proper maintenance of learner records as required by the policies and regulation of TSC.
- Evaluating the performance of learners and observing their behavior, health and social development.
- Preparing learner for later grades by encouraging to explore learning opportunities and exploit their potential.
How to apply for Primary school Teacher TSC jobs
Application for vacancies in primary schools is selected from county merit lists which is during the recruitment process at recruitment centers countrywide as advertised by TSC. Successful applicants are often deployed to serve in any part of the country and deployment may not be necessarily in the county of recruitment. Below is a step by step procedure on how to apply;
- Visit: TSC Website : Once you are at the website, scroll down to the bottom and you will see NOTICE section. This where you can see advertised job vacancies. If you are not registered with TSC kindly read: How to be a tsc teacher.
- Send your application letter and other details to the TSC County director or apply online through TSC Portal depending on TSC’s method of application.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews: Carry the following documents to your interview; National ID, Academic certificates, PTE certificate and college or school leaving certificate and any other relevant document.
- Deployment of successful candidates: If you qualify, you will receive a deployment letter from TSC. That is it.
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to apply for primary school teachers vacancy in Kenya.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
I am a qualified candidate I need some help please
Austine Otieno says
Just tried to apply the replacement for p1 but it seems its not there because only for secondary shool is available
Can a diploma holder in ECDE be employed by the TSC?
I’m not able to locate the online primary teacher application form. please help
ELIJAH MWANGALE says
Mwenye diplomasi anaweza kupata nafasi kwa sekta ya ECDE
Lawrence mwami says
I finished my p1 in year 2011
am a teacher and would wish to apply for internship but am not able to get the link. please help