Below is how to apply for the MbeleNaBiz Business plan Competition, where to download application forms and dates.
What is Mbele Na Biz Business Competition?
MbeleNabiz is a competition launched by the government of Kenya where youths have to present their business ideas and compete for an award of grants of Ksh 900,000 to Ksh 3,600,000 per business. World Bank, KYEOP, MSEA, KPMG, ministry of youths are among the supporters on the competition.
What Business ideas are accepted at the MbeleNaBiz competition?
Any business idea is accepted at the MbeleNaBiz competition so long as it is led by a youth, is within Kenya, has high potential growth and will create jobs for youths.
Requirements of joining the MbeleNaBiz competition
To join the Mbele Na Biz National Youth Business Competition, you must meet the following qualifications;
- You must be between 18 to 35 years old by the time of application
- You must have completed at least form four level. You KCSE grades do not matter.
- You must be a Kenyan Citizen. Kenyans in Diaspora can also apply.
- Your business should be in Kenya
MbeleNaBiz competition Winner prize amount
The competition will award 750 youths who will emerge the best in the competition with either Ksh 900,000 or Ksh 3,600,000.
Deadline and dates of application for MbeleNaBiz competition
Below are the timelines of the mbele na biz competition;
The competition will be open for application form Monday 24th June 2019 to Monday 2nd September 2019.
Selected candidates will be announced on November 2019 and winners of first grant award will be announced on February 2020.
How to apply for MbeleNaBiz Business Competition Online
To apply for the competition online, follow this procedure;
- Go to MbeleNaBiz applications website
- Click Apply Now and a new tab will load on a KPMG page
- Click Register (Enter your email )
- Fill the registration form with the required details and accept the terms
- A confirmation link will be sent to your email that you are supposed to click and create your password
- After Clicking Create, you will be logged in.
- Verify the information you entered and again click Save.
- You will redirected to your account.
- Click My and Applications (on the left) and then New application (on the right)
- You will see MbelenaBiz Business Plan Competition, on the left click APPLY
- Read the terms and conditions that popup and agree
- Start filling Mbele Na biz application form by clicking NEXT after completion of filling of each section
- After you have completed filling your application Validate the details and submit
- Then Submit your application
NOTE: You can as well decide to download the application form after creating your account and fill it offline as shown in the image below.
Download MbeleNaBiz Application forms
Mbeleze na biz Application forms can be obtained from the Youth Development Officer in your county. You can also download the form online but you must register following the procedure shown above so that the form can have your reference number.
The form has five important sections. Below is a sample of the five sections of the MbeleNaBiz application ;
Summary of your business idea
You will be required to write a summary of your business idea in about 50 words. Don’t exceed 150 words in this section.
This needs to be a very strong section that concisely summarizes the key points of your project and the expected business and development outcomes
About the Lead applicant
The applicant should provide personal profile information as shown in the form below;
About the business
Provide the business profile information as shown in the form below. Please provide information about your company’s current activities. Also include information about the experience your organization has in this business. As space to fill such information is available;
Detail of the Business
This is the most important section of the application. You are supposed to provide the following information;
- Business Idea Title
- Focus Area
- Is your business idea related to your current business?
- Tell us about your business idea is required.
- How many jobs is your business idea going to create in the next 12 months (excluding yourself)? Within the above, how many jobs for young women is required.
- Explain how the jobs above are going to be created?
- Apart from jobs, explain how your business idea will benefit other people and where applicable the environment, efficiency and productivity gains etc
- What sets you apart from your competitors?
- What are the risks to your business idea?
- How do you plan to use the funds received?
- Do you have other sources of funding?
As you can see, the section has a very long form and we are not going to display all of it bin the image below.
This may include information related to your business, such as any awards won, participation in organization level training, recent expansion/change etc. or any relevant information regarding proof of concept of your business.
Mbele Na Biz Competition Contacts
You can MbeleNaBiz using these contacts;
- email: [email protected]
- Website: www.mbelenabiz.go.ke
- Address: Utalii Street, Nairobi
- Office Location: 10th Floor, Utalii House
Do not miss all our latest news updates on MbeleNabiz application and shortlisting of successful candidates.