What follows is a guide for KCPE 2023 Candidates on how to check for form one selection and download 2023 admission letter for the secondary school that you have been placed in. All students should be able to know which school they will join.
Criteria of Secondary school selection
The criteria used for placement of KCPE 2023 Candidates to various secondary schools is based on merit or performance. Background of the school is also considered. Form one selection is categorized into three;
- National Schools
- Extra County Schools (Formally Provincial Schools)
- County Schools
Selection will start with National schools then proceed to county schools and sub-county secondary schools.
How to Check Secondary School Selected to join
To check the secondary schools that you have been selected to join in 2023 by the Ministry of education, use the the procedure below.
To check the secondary school selected
- Go NEMIS Student Placement Portal
- Enter your index number and Your Name
- Click the search button
- You will get the results
NOTE 2: Selection is an ongoing process and it begins with national schools and admission letters will be updated.
How to Download form One Admission Letter Online
Below is a guide on how to download your form one admission letter using the official Ministry of education website’
- Step 1, Go to: Form One Selection
- Step 2, Click on the school selected to join (National, Extra or County School)
- Step 3 Select the county and sub-county where type did your KCPE Exams then enter your Index Number
- Step 4, Click Submit
- Step 5, At the bottom of the page click ADMISSION LETTER
- Step 6, Download to your computer then print
- Step 7, Take the admission letter to your Head Teacher to stamp it for endorsement
NOTE: If you are asked for a .go.ke email address and you are lost kindly contact your headmaster to provide you with one so that you can download your admission letter.
2023 Form One Admission Day Requirements
During admission day, you are supposed to present the stamped calling letter to your high school or secondary during. You are also supposed to carry your birth certificate and copy.
Reporting dates: New Form One students are required to report to their respective schools a few weeks after receiving their admission letter.
Important! If you want to receive the latest school updates like selection, opening, and closing dates, etc, register for education news below.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.