After being selected to join form one in secondary school 2023, you might want to transfer to another for various reasons. You will be required to fill a transfer form online and provide relevant information. Below is how to go about it
Form one secondary placement transfer requirements
In order to transfer from one second to another, you will be required to meet the following requirements
- You must have been placed
- You must have an admission letter (which can be downloaded online)
- Your admission letter must be endorsed by your primary school headteacher
- You must have a copy of birth certificate
- The deadline for the transfer of schools will be updated
UPDATE: The Ministry of Education cabinet secretary has asked parents interested in transferring their children to approach their desired schools for assistance or visit respective County Directors of Education for inquiries related to placement.
How to transfer form one secondary school placed
To transfer secondary school, follow the procedure below;
- Visit portal: Form one placement change
- Select your county
- Then select your sub-county
- Enter your KCPE index number
- Click the submit button
- Download your admission letter and have it stamped by your primary school headteacher
- Present the stamped admission letter to the school you want to transfer to
- The principal of the school you want to transfer to will be required to login to NEMIS portal and complete the transfer process
- It may take up to 3 days for the transfer to be approved
- If the transfer is not approved on time, visit your county education office for help
This transfer process is only applicable to form one students who have not been admitted. Form two, and three students need to download and feel a different transfer form.
NOTE: If you get an “error in the selections”, then make sure that you have selected the correct county of the school where the candidate sat his KCPE 2023.
NOTE: The school you want to transfer to must have available spaces for admission. If you want the transfer process to be faster and easy, first look for the secondary school that you want to transfer your child to. After you have found that the school has vacancies, then apply for a transfer.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.