Students who were placed by KUCCPS to various Universities can now apply for HELB Loan via the HELB portal. Self-Sponsored students can also apply.
Eligible students for Helb Loan Application
Those who can apply for first time undergraduate loan;
- Students placed by the Kenya Universities and Colleges Placement Service (KUCCPS) in the local and private universities
- Self-Sponsored, Parallel and Module II Students studying for a Bachelor’s Degree only (Pre-University, Certificate, Diploma or Postgraduate students ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)Negative listing if you are in default. This lowers your credit score thus limiting your access to credit facilities.
Procedure of How to Apply for HELB Loan
Below is a guide on how to apply;
- Applicants should visit our website www.helb.co.ke to access the Student Portal and click on “create an account to register.
- Log in and select Undergraduate First Time Loan Application Form [LAFJ.
- Read the literature or view the videos on Financial Literacy and participate in the brief exercise online.
- Access and fill the loan application form.
- Print TWO copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the forms appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities.
- Read, understand and sign to accept the Loan Terms and Conditions.
- Present one copy of the duly filled Loan Application Form and all the attached support documents at:
Where to take Helb Loan filled forms
Drop your forms at Any of the following Huduma centers nearest to you: Nairobi-GPO, Machakos, Mombasa, Nakuru, Eklore, Kisumu, Kakamega, Nyeri, Embu, Kitui, Bungoma, Lodwar, Meru, Thika, Kitale, Kericho, Nandi, Muranga, Garissa, Narok, Migori, Chuka, Kil0 and Taita Taveta for free and secure delivery or HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi
NOTE: Retain a copy of the Loan Application Form (This Is mandatory) Please ensure that you read, understand and follow die instructions provided at the beginning of the online loan application process including reading and undertaking the HELB Financial Literacy Programme.
Deadline for HELB Loan application
The closing date for the loan application is 31st December 2021
PS. This update is brought to you by muthurwa.com, Kenya’s largest digital marketplace where students make a living online by selling class notes, graphics, templates, house plans e.t.c