0 votes
in General by
I want to change my birth certificate name

2 Answers

0 votes
by (47.6k points)
selected by
Best answer

To change your birth certificate name then visit the Department of Civil Registration, Hass Plaza, Upper Hill with your identification documents. If it is a birth certificate for a baby that was issued in Huduma Centre, then you can return it to the same Huduma Centre for rectification.

Department of Civil Registration Contacts

  • Phone +254-20-2714987/8
  • Email: director@crd.go.ke
0 votes
According to what I was told when I wanted to change my name; It’s impossible to change any detail in your birth certificate if you’re above the age of 2 years. The only way is to use deed poll and that will allow you to afterwards change your name in any document ( except birth certificate) to match the new name.

Related questions

Register, ask, and answer questions to earn more points and privileges. Some features are disabled for users with few points.
Welcome to Kenyayote Q&A, the largest community site in Kenya where you can ask any question and receive answers from Kenyayote staff and other members of the community.

Before you ask, search the website to make sure your question has not been answered.

If you are ready to ask, provide a title about your question and a detailed description of your problem.

Register to join Kenyayote Ask Community.