You will be taxed 24% to 30% withholding tax of the total earnings that are derived from US (United States) only. Therefore, if your audience is largely outside the US, you do not have to worry.
NOTE 1: If you do not update your tax information by 31st May 2021, you will be taxed 24% of your total earnings. But if you provide tax info, you will be taxed only 24% to 30% from earnings from US.
NOTE 2: Tax varies from 24% to 30% depending on your country. Countries with a tax treaty benefit with US like India will pay 24% while those that have not signed a tax treaty benefit with the US will be pay 30%. For Kenyans, it will be 30%. We have provide a link to a list of countries that have signed a tax treaty benefit with the US below.
NOTE 3: This tax is only applicable for AdSense earnings from YouTube. Blogs will not be affected.
How to update YouTube tax information for Non-US Individual
- Login into your AdSense account
- Then go to payments
- Click Manage settings
- Click United States Tax info then Manage Tax Info
- Then Add Tax info
- Select Non US
- Select Individual or Business
- Select form W-8BEN
- Fill your Name
- Do not fill DBA
- Select your country
- If you are not claiming tax treaty, do not fill Foreign TIN and US ITIN
- Click Next
- Preview the generated form W-8BEN and confirm the information
- Click Next
- Add your name
- Under Activities and services performed in the US, select No if you are not a US citizen to avoid complications that may arise
- Submit form
Learn more about YouTube Tax for Non US citizens: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/10390801
Here is a list of countries that have signed a tax treaty benefit with the US: https://www.irs.gov/businesses/international-businesses/united-states-income-tax-treaties-a-to-z