Working at Kenya Pipeline as a technician: The major responsibility of a pipeline technician job is the maintenance and repair of pipelines. some of these pipelines are often situated deep beneath the ground and require routine maintenance to prevent leakages which can lead to losses. Pipeline technicians are also responsible for the inspection of pipeline systems. As a Kenya Pipeline technician, you will be required to conduct routine examinations of pipelines to establish if there are any leaks and the level of damage caused. A pipeline technician also does pressure tests to determine whether pipeline systems are blocked or plugged.
Pipeline technicians are also responsible for the repair of leaking pipes and ensuring that all repairs are done accordingly. a pipeline technician should also ensure that they abide by the existing national environmental laws in their work.
Other duties and responsibilities of pipeline technicians
- Preparing field reports on tasks completed
- Maintenance of company equipment.
- Performing additional duties assigned to them.
- Ensuring safety and professionalism in their work.
- Calculating and estimating the rates of flow
- Performing emergency maintenance and repair tasks assigned to them.
Key Requirements of Working at Kenya Pipeline
- Technician certificate, Diploma, degree or its equivalent in a relevant field.
- Should show dedication to quality assurance and quality control
- Ability to multitask without compromising quality of service
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Pay attention to detail and work with others as a team
- Previous experience as a pipeline technician will be an added advantage.
- Numeracy skills and computer skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
How to apply for a job at Kenya Pipeline
Unless stated otherwise, applications for Kenya Pipeline Jobs are often deposited at the company’s head office Kenpipe Plaza, Ground floor in the APPLICATION BOX or sent to:
THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
Kenya Pipeline Company Limited
P.O. Box 73442, 00200
Do not miss all our latest updates on working at Kenya Pipeline