The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites applications to apply for Technical, Vocational Education & Training (TVET) Loans.
Only students studying in TVET institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education can apply.
Requirements of applying for TVET HELB Loan
- Students enrolled in Approved TVET institutions.
- Direct Entry TVET Self-Sponsored Students
- Students with admission lettters
- Students with national ID
How to Apply for TVET Helb loan:
- Visit HELB student portal.
- Log in and select TVET Loan Application (under certiicate or diploma)
- Fill the online application form
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents at any of the following:
a. Select Huduma Centres: Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu Machako, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Offi ce or;
b. HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine One [M1], Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi either personally or through secure mail or;
c. One of the banks listed on the HELB website that you have opened an account with for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Offi ce
- Retain one copy of the duly fi lled LAF
Application link for TVET institution will only be visible when the window for application is open.
Note: HELB Loan application is free. Do not pay anyone to process your HELB Loan.