The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) invites applications to apply for Technical, Vocational Education & Training (TVET) Loans.
Only students studying in TVET institutions recognized by the Ministry of Education can apply.
Requirements of applying for TVET HELB Loan
- Students enrolled in Approved TVET institutions.
- Direct Entry TVET Self-Sponsored Students
- Students with admission lettters
- Students with national ID
How to Apply for TVET Helb loan:
- Visit HELB student portal.
- Log in and select TVET Loan Application (under certiicate or diploma)
- Fill the online application form
- Print two copies of the duly filled Loan Application Form.
- Have the form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and guarantors.
- Sign the form and attach all the necessary documents as indicated in the checklist appearing on the last page of the Loan Application Form.
- Present one copy of the duly completed Loan Application Form and all the attached supporting documents at any of the following:
a. Select Huduma Centres: Nairobi GPO, Kakamega, Eldoret, Nakuru, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nyeri, Embu Machako, Kisii, Bungoma, Turkana, Meru, Kitui, Kericho, Nandi [Kapsabet], Thika, Garissa and Kitale for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Offi ce or;
b. HELB Student Centre on Mezzanine One [M1], Anniversary Towers, University Way, Nairobi either personally or through secure mail or;
c. One of the banks listed on the HELB website that you have opened an account with for free and secure delivery to HELB Head Offi ce
- Retain one copy of the duly fi lled LAF
Application link for TVET institution will only be visible when the window for application is open.
Note: HELB Loan application is free. Do not pay anyone to process your HELB Loan.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Festus kimari Maina says
Hello,am kimari maina having sat for my kCSE exams year 2018 and achieved grade C plain.I was unable to join college since am from a humble background my parents being just but peasant farmers,now it’s all about me(kutetea maisha yangu)and the government is looking forward to reach all the students to join technical institutions and colleges.Am hopeful you will consider and allocate me so that i can reach my dreams.
Thanks in advance.