The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Job Application forms: How to apply for Primary, Post Primary and teacher Replacement for available vacancies.
UPDATE: For 2019 and all the latest TSC teaching vacancies kindly check our category: Teachers News in Kenya (Below job is outdated).
The Teachers Service Commission is advertising 5,000 posts for recruitment of additional teachers
(1,225 posts for primary schools and 3,775 posts for post primary schools/ institutions) and 2157
posts to replace teachers who have exited service through natural attrition (1,618 posts for Primary
schools and 539 posts for post primary schools/ institutions).
Eligible candidates should meet the following basic requirements:
(i) Be Kenya citizens.
(ii) Must be 45 years of age and below.
(iii) Must have original Professional and Academic Certificates.
(iv) Must be registered with the Teachers Service Commission.
N/B: Applicants who were engaged on contract as relief teachers should attach a copy of the
contract letter and reporting casualty return.
- a) Applicants applying for posts in Primary schools must be holders of P1 certificate. Interested
candidates should apply to the TSC County Director, in the County where a vacancy has been
advertised and submit all relevant academic and professional documents. Those who had
applied earlier and were unsuccessful must apply afresh since a new merit list for 2016/2017
financial year will be generated.
Successful candidates will be deployed to serve in stations in any part of the country and not
necessarily in the County where they were recruited.
- b) Applicants applying for posts in Post Primary institutions must be holders of a minimum of
Diploma in Education Certificate. Interested candidates should apply to the Secretary, Board of
Management of the school/institution where the vacancy has been advertised and submit a copy
to the TSC County Director.
All interested candidates should submit their applications to the respective County Directors and
Boards of Management as above not later than 26th August, 2016
- The Teachers Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
- The Teachers Service Commission will only deal with TSC County Selection Panels and Boards of Management in this exercise. Individual application to the Commission will NOT be considered.
- Successful applicants MUST NOT fill employment forms in more than one station as this will lead to disqualification.
- a) The recruitment exercise is free of charge. The Teachers Service Commission would wish to
forewarn applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons
purporting to assist in recruitment.
- b) Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station, TSC County Directors,
Staffing Officers or to Teachers Service Commission headquarters through the following hotlines
between 8.00a.m and 5.00p.m.
- Director (Teacher Management) Tel:0202892193
- Senior Deputy Director (Teacher Management Primary) Tel:0202892132
- Senior Deputy Director (Teacher Management Post Primary) Tel:0202892137
Write to the Commission through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed information on available vacancies in sub-counties and schools/institutions applicants
are advised to:
- a) Visit the TSC Website www.tsc.go.ke
- b) Visit the TSC office at the County or Sub-county of their choice
Source: The Teachers Service Commission vacancy notice