After the launch of the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) you might be interested to have a ride between Nairobi/ Mombasa(Mariakani, Miasenyi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Kibwezi, Emali, and Athi River ). Below are the Madaraka Express Train Booking Schedules and Fare charges (For SGR Photos). (UPDATE: find a simplified process on how to book sgr via mobile phone using code 639 in this page)
Travelling To and From Nairobi/Mombasa with Madaraka express
Pick up point at 7am:
From Nairobi Central Railway Station on Haile Selassie Avenue to the Nairobi SGR Terminus. From Mombasa Railway Station on Mijikenda Street to the Mombasa SGR Terminus in miritini.
Pick up point at 1.30pm:
From the Mombasa SGR Terminus to Mombasa Railway Station in the CBD. From the Nairobi SGR Terminus to Nairobi Central Railway Station.
Nairobi – Mombasa: 9:00am Mombasa – Nairobi: 9:00om
Get a ticket from our ticketing offices at the Nairobi/Mombasa Termini & pay by cosh or card.
- Economy Class – Ksh 700
- First Class – Ksh 3,000.
How To Book SGR Madaraka Train Via Paybill Number
- Customer calls 0709388888 (from 7 am to 8 pm) and provides his her travel itinerary plus mobile number
- Cashier enters, itinerary, customer mobile number and generates amount to be paid by customer
- Customer receives sms with paybill number, payment ID and amount
- Customer makes payment via M-PESA using payment details
- Customer receives ticket details via sms
- Customer prints boarding pass at the self-service machine at the train station: Final step in process
SGR Madaraka Express Train contacts:
Mobil/Telephone contacts: 0728603581, 0728603582, 0708571587, 0708572574
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Official website: http://krc.co.ke
Location: Workshop Road Off Hailse Selassie Avenue opposite The Technical University of Kenya.
SGR Madarak Express train Destinations, schedules and charges for Mombasa, Mariakani, Miasenyi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River and Nairobi
Do not miss all our latest update about SGR Madarak Express train schedules!