This article responds to the frequently asked question in our forum on “where can I sell my textbook online in person for cash.” We will look into the best websites that allow you to upload your eBooks in person and earn some cash for the sells.
Making money from selling text books
Making money through selling ebooks or print text books is as easy as you never thought. You just have to go and buy a book at any of the top eCommerce websites like ebay.com or amazon.com for instance at $100 and sell it in other online booking selling websites like, chegg, Abebooks e.t.c for $150. If you have your own ebook then that is more than good.
Below are a list of best websites where to sell your books online in person and earn cash
- Muthurwa Marketplace-muthurwa.com is Kenya’s largest digital marketplace. It allows you to sell your digital products (Why this is appropriate for Kenyans is that it allows payment through local payments like mpesa, airtel, bank and visa )
- Chegg Books: is the best and most reputable website to sell your old textbooks and earn some cash.
- Kobo Books: allows your to upload your book in word document and they will convert it to an ebook ready for sell.
- Abebooks: has been around for more than 9 years. It sells new and used books
- eBooks: is one of the best online source of ebooks. You can buy and sell your academic or professional ebook.
- Lulu: is the second most trusted website to sell your ebooks. All you have to do is upload your ebook and leave the rest to Lulu.
- Payhip-Payhip: offers you a chance to upload and sell your ebook and get paid via paypal
- Amazon: is the largest ecommerce website in Kenya. I don’t need to write much about it.
- Smashwords: allows you to upload your ebook for sell and it will be published in major online textbook stores like Apple, iBookstore, and Barnes.
- We Buy Books: offers you the quickest way of selling your unwanted books
- Fatbrain-fatbrain: is the best place to sell your ebooks if you are a student
- Blackwell: is one of the best site for selling academic related ebooks
- Ebay: is the 3rd largest ecommerce website in the world. I have had place it in the last position despite its popularity because it is not know by many for selling books.
Be aware of counterfeits!
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.