Sample cover letter and writing guide: Whether you are out searching for a job or is about to graduate, a cover letter is an important document in job seeking. Therefore, there is need for you to know how to write the best cover letter for that dream job to gain higher chances of being invited for interviews. Here is how to write a simple and good job application cover letter:
NOTE for Census: You can download a well written letter meant specifically for census enumerator job application from this page: census enumerators cover letter (link removed).
Guide on how to write a cover letter
- Start your cover letter by clearly indicating your name and address. In the current times phone numbers and email addresses are more valuable than postal addresses. Remember to indicate the date right after your details.
- On the left side of your cover letter indicate the name of the receiver of your cover letter. In most cases it is the Human resources department but then sometimes companies offer different addresses, pay attention.
- Provide the proper salutation and since most of the time you might not know who will be reading your letter use the common “Dear Sir/Madam” phrase.
- The subject line of your letter should clearly indicate the position applied for, if the company provided a unique job code in their advertisement, be sure to use it.
- In your first paragraph illustrate the reason for writing and why you feel you are the correct match.
- The second paragraph of your cover letter should be based on convincing the reader as to why they should hire you by giving a more detailed description of your job matching skills.
- Conclude your cover letter by indicating your availability on short notice for an interview. Remember to thank the receiver for their time.
- Wrap up your cover letter with your full names and a signature.
Sample Cover letter Templates
Elvis M. Nyakang’I,
P.O Box 45722-00100,
17th Jan 2018,
Kyote Internet Group Limited
REF: Application For Social Media Executive
I am writing to apply for the position of Social Media Executive, which was advertised in indeed.com.
The opportunity presented is very suit for me, and I believe that my strong technical experience, passion for the work, team player skills and education will make me a very competitive candidate for the position.
I graduated from Moi University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Linguistic Media and Communication.
I have worked as a content editor, Video Editor, Social Media Manager and Photographer for National Geographic (NatGeo), KTN and EDU TV which has helped me gain a deep understanding of content development, web analytics and web rankings techniques (alexa, Google analytics, Webmaster, SEO, Social Media) among others.
I have also trained as a Photographer and received a certificate of exemplary performance from National Geographical a world leader in geography, cartography and exploration .
Other key strengths that I possess have been listed in my CV.
I am available for interview at any time. I can be contacted most easily on mobile phone number +25472000000341. I will be happy if my application is considered fairly.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do not miss all our latest updates on how to write acceptable formal cover letters and examples
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→