The M-PESA 1 Tap feature is a revolutionary cashless payment method premiered by Safaricom a few months ago. According to Safaricom, this feature offers a faster and more secure way to pay for goods and services via Lipa Na M-PESA.
M-PESA 1 Tap enables users to make payments using a card, phone sticker or wristband. These are connected to users’ MPESA accounts.
To make payments using M-PESA 1 Tap:
- Vendor keys in amount to be paid onto M-PESA 1 Tap point of sale.
- Tap your M-PESA 1 Tap tag onto point of sale.
- Enter M-PESA PIN upon receipt of a pop up message on your phone to complete transaction.
Visit nearest Safaricom retail shop, M-PESA Agent or Safaricom authorized dealer to get your M-PESA 1 Tap tag (card, wristband or sticker).
- Existing Lipa na M-PESA charges are applicable to M-PESA 1 Tap.
- You will be required to have your phone when making payments with M-PESA 1 Tap since transactions will only be complete after you enter your M-PESA PIN.
- In case you lose your M-PESA 1 Tap tag, block it by dialling *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Block.
- To unblock, dial *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Unblock.
- To replace a lost tag, you will have to visit the nearest Safaricom Shop.
Do not miss all our updates on using safaricom mpesa tap and where to get it
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.