The M-PESA 1 Tap feature is a revolutionary cashless payment method premiered by Safaricom a few months ago. According to Safaricom, this feature offers a faster and more secure way to pay for goods and services via Lipa Na M-PESA.
M-PESA 1 Tap enables users to make payments using a card, phone sticker or wristband. These are connected to users’ MPESA accounts.
To make payments using M-PESA 1 Tap:
- Vendor keys in amount to be paid onto M-PESA 1 Tap point of sale.
- Tap your M-PESA 1 Tap tag onto point of sale.
- Enter M-PESA PIN upon receipt of a pop up message on your phone to complete transaction.
Visit nearest Safaricom retail shop, M-PESA Agent or Safaricom authorized dealer to get your M-PESA 1 Tap tag (card, wristband or sticker).
- Existing Lipa na M-PESA charges are applicable to M-PESA 1 Tap.
- You will be required to have your phone when making payments with M-PESA 1 Tap since transactions will only be complete after you enter your M-PESA PIN.
- In case you lose your M-PESA 1 Tap tag, block it by dialling *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Block.
- To unblock, dial *234#, reply with 1, select option 4 and then choose Unblock.
- To replace a lost tag, you will have to visit the nearest Safaricom Shop.
Do not miss all our updates on using safaricom mpesa tap and where to get it