A guide on how to quickly buy Kenya power tokens via Vendit Paybill number when the official kplc paybill number fails.
UPDATE: Vendit Paybill number does not any more work. The best alternative is to purchase tokens using Equity Mobile App, Equitel, Airtel Money or KBC Bank.
When to Use Vendit Paybill Number
Kenya Power sometimes can be annoying when you run out of tokens and you urgently need power back. This normally happens when KPLC token-generating system is undergoing maintenance or its paybill has failures and cannot allow you to get tokens faster.
NOTE: Only use this method if the KPLC official Paybill has delays, otherwise use this guide to buy with Official Kenya Power Paybill
How to buy KPLC tokens quickly
If you have a pre-paid electricity meter, you definitely want a quick, easy and hassle-free way to buy your electricity tokens. Below is the procedure;
- Go to M-PESA menu and select Lipa na M-PESA > Paybill
- Enter business number 501200 (NOTE: Do not use this paybill. Kenya Power does not anyore support it. Instead use Equity Bank procedure linked above)
- Enter your 11-digit prepaid meter number as the account number.
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase. (above Kshs. 200/=)
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and press OK. Confirm that all details are correct and press OK.
You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA immediately.
Token numbers will also be issued Instantly
NOTE: Ensure that you don’t have a pending balance to avoid encountering any problems.
In case you are encountering challenges after buying tokens through vendit contact;
- Phone: +254709711000
- Mobile Number: +2547 09711 111
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Ngong Road Professional Centre
Do not miss all our updates on how to avoid delays after buying kplc tokens
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.