Cabinet secretary for education professor Jacob Kaimenyi has expressed his displeasure following the rising number of strikes in higher institutions of learning in Kenya. While addressing university chairpersons, vice chancellors, and student leaders at the Kenya institute of curriculum development, Prof. Kaimenyi indicated that it is time to find a long lasting solution to the protests that are experienced day in day out in Kenyan Universities.
Below is a summary of the proposals to be adopted made by the professor;
- Totally comply to the statutory legal provisions…
- Develop a fees policy whereby the student leaders are fully involved
- Establishing effective communication measures
- Allowing students to hold independent elections
- Strengthening internal quality assurance system
- Solving the accommodation crisis issue
Above are just but a few of the measures that were proposed to be adopted in order to reduce student protests in Kenya. Do you have any question about students protest? Let us know in the comment section below.