Mawe tatu cake cooking recipe: Cakes play an important role in Kenyan kitchens. They are mostly served on special occasions such as weddings and birthday parties but there are also those for everyday snacking. So if you don’t own an oven yet and would like experiment with cakes, this simple recipe is just for you.
Ingredients of cooking Mawe Tatu cake
- 2 Cupfuls of self-raising flour sieved
- 1 Cupful of butter
- 1 Cupful of sugar
- 5 eggs(beaten)
- 2 teaspoonful of vanilla essence (you can select on you like)
- 2 spoonfuls of cocoa
- 1 Cupful of milk
Procedure of preparing mawe tatu cake
- Put a Cupful of sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix well until they blend.
- Add the beaten eggs and whisk until the mixture blends well.
- Add cocoa and vanilla essence and continue mixing to have everything well mixed and smooth.
- You can now add the sieved flour and continue mixing to achieve a smooth and well blended mixture.
- Get your bigger Sufuria a place three medium sized stones in it.
- Take the small Sufuria and smear it with butter/blue band.
- Pour your paste into the small Sufuria and place it into the big Sufuria with stones. Cover with a fitting lid or another Sufuria.
- Place on low heat and let cook for 45 minutes- hour.(Do not open the lid during this time)
- Push a sharp knife through the cake to make sure it’s fully cooked.(the knife has to come out clean)
- Turn off the heat and place aside to cool.
- You can now decorate your cake or feast on it the way it is.
Cakes can be served with tea/coffee/ chocolate drinks as well as juice. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook mawe tatu cake. We have a full lot of other kenyan meal recipes in our meal page
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.