Cassava is popularly referred to as Mhogo (yuca) in Kenyan households. Meals made from cassava are dearly loved and enjoyed.
Ingredients of cooking Deep Fried Cassava
- 5000g cassava cleaned, peeled and evenly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric or food colour
- 4 teaspoons of gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil, enough for frying.
Procedure of cooking Deep Fried Cassava
- Add the sliced cassava into a large sufuria add little bit of water, turmeric powder/ food color and salt. Place on medium heat and cook until soft. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place a frying pan with enough cooking oil and place over medium heat. Let get hot
- Roll the cooked cassava over gram flour until fully covered and fry. Repeat the process until all the cooked cassava is finished,
- Pat the cassava on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil
Your fried cassava is now ready and can be served with Kachumbari. Enjoy!
Do not miss all our updates on how to cook Deep Fried Cassava