There has been an attack at 14 Riverside Drive near Dusit Hotel in Westlands area in Nairobi. Heavy smoke can be seen rising and gun fires can be heard from a distant, but it has not been verified whether it is a terrorist attack or a normal robbery. (Update: According to Aljazeera, Alshabaab spokesperson has claimed responsibility for the attack)..
When the 14 Riverside attack started
The attack started today Tuesday 15th January 2019. Below are attack details
- Time: 3:30 PM (Kenyan Time) on Tuesday 15 Jan 2019.
- Location: 14 Riverside Drive near Dusit Hotel, Westland, Nairobi
14 Riverside Drive near Dusit Hotel attack updates from victims
This is what victims inside the attack area are saying on their twitter accounts;
- Miss Rachel: WE ARE UNDER ATTACK AT 14 RIVERSIDE DRIVE
- Kebaya: Just survived a terror attack at Riverside. Bodies everywhere. Bombs every where
- Geoffrey L. Njenga: 14 riverside under attack. Please help us we are hiding. Terrorists wearing black fatigues heavily armed.
- Ron Ngeno: I am in 14 Riverside drive hiding in a bathroom and we are under attack
Photos from 14 Riverside attack
We will update more photos;
We will be updating the latest happenings
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.