Ministry of National Treasury will from 11th Monday 2019 start Pensioners and Dependents headcount for beneficiaries of Public Pension Scheme. The mission is supported by the retirement’s benefits authority (RBA).
Who is supposed to go for Pension Headcount?
This is a mandatory exercise and all persons who are beneficiaries of the Public Pensions Scheme are required to undertake it. This includes;
- Member of Parliament
- Military personnel
- All civil servants
- Teachers employed by the government
- Disciplined services
Why pensioners Head Count?
The reason why the pensioners head count is being conducted is to ascertain the exact number of Kenyans who are under the public pension scheme for budgetary allocation purposes.
Requirements for Pensions Scheme Headcount
You are supposed to present the following documents at Huduma center for pension scheme headcount;
- Original and copies of your ID or passport
- ATM cards for pensioners
- National ID or birth certificate (for Pensioners’ Children if he/she is not alive)
- Death Certificate (if the pensioner is dead)
Location and Dates when Pension Scheme Headcount will take place
Below are Dates for Head Count in various counties and venues. We always update this page for any changes;
11th February to 22 February 2019 (Coastal Counties)
- Mombasa County (Huduma Centre-Mombasa Town)
- Kwale County (Huduma Centre-Kwale Town)
- Kilifi County (Huduma Centre-Kilifi Town)
- Tana River (Huduma Centre-Hola Town)
- Lamu County (Huduma Centre-Lamu Town)
- Taita Taveta (Huduma Centre-Wudanyi Town)
11th February to 3rd May 2019 (Nairobi County)
- Huduma Centre GPO
- Huduma Centre City Square
- Huduma Centre Kibra
- Huduma Centre Makadara
- Huduma Centre Eastleigh
24th April to 8th May 2019 (Western and Nyanza Regions)
- Kakamega County (Huduma Centre-Kakamega Town)
- Vihiga County (Huduma Centre-Vihiga Town)
- Bungoma County (Huduma Centre-Bungoma Town)
- Busia County (Huduma Centre-Busia Town)
- Siaya County (Huduma Centre-Siaya Town)
- Kisumu County (Huduma Centre-Kisumu Town)
- Homa Bay County (Huduma Centre-Homa Bay Town)
- Migori County (Huduma Centre-Migori Town)
- Kisii County (Huduma Centre-Kisii Town)
Pension Head Count Dates for other Counties
Present yourself to huduma center in your county on the dates provided below. For those in Nairobi go to GPO, City Square, Makadara, Eastleigh and Kibra Huduma Centres.
- Central Region: 25th February to 8th March
- Rift Calley region: 11th March to 22nd March
- Eastern Region: 25th March to 5th April
- North Eastern Region: 8th April to 19th April 2019
NOTE: Be aware of where you county falls in the above regions.
Consequences not going for Pension Head Count
What will happen if you don’t take part in the exercise? Failure to present oneself for the head count with the requisite documents will lead to stoppage of monthly pension.
Pension Head Count for Diaspora (Out of Country)
UPDATE: If you are out of the country and you are worried what to do here is the official statement from Pension Department regarding those in diaspora “Pensioners and dependants in the diaspora are informed that the Department is working on modalities of how to conduct their headcount. Once the plans are concretized you will be advised and how, where and when the exercise will be conducted.”
Do not miss all our latest updates on pension scheme Headcount