Get to know of Migori Governor Zachary Okoth Obado’s education background and a summary of his history. He came to the public attention due to the death of Sharon Otieno.
Who is Okoth Obado?
Okoth Obado is the first governor of Migori County. He is the father to Jerry Okoth and Evalyne Okoth. He is married to Hellen Okoth. He came to the public public limelight when he was widely accused of being behind the murder of 26 year old Rongo University student Sharon Otieno (He has pending court case over the same).
Summary of Zachary Okoth Obado Background History
Below is a brief history of Okoth Obado
- November 12th 2010: Was Appointed Chairman of Kenya Sugar Board By Then Minister Of Agriculture S. J. Kosgey
- 4 March 2013: Elected as the first Governor of Migori County through People’s Democratic Party (PDP)
- 8 August 2017: Re-elected for the second term as the Governor of Migori County through the Orange Democratic Party (ODM)
- Family: (Wife: Hellen Okoth) and (Children: Jerry Okoth (son) and Evalyne Okoth (Daughter)
- Place of Birth: Migori County
Education Background of Okoth Obado (where he studied)
Obado completed his primary education from his home county in Migori. He would later join St. Joseph’s Rapogi Secondary School located in Uriri, Migori.
After passing his High school examinations, he joined Kenyatta University to pursue a Bachelors Degree in Education. After graduating from Kenyatta University he went back to Rapogi Secondary to teach sciences.
His students describe him as a calm person who know one could predict that he had political ambitions.
After serving as teacher for a number of schools he left the education sector and joined the corporate sector.
He returned to Kenyatta University where he did a Masters Degree in Strategic Management
Do not miss all our latest updates on Zachary Okoth Obado’s Education Background information
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.