Menu: Using Ginger, Garlic, Honey and lemon to end Colds-Avoid pharmaceutical drugs
The last few weeks I have helped a couple of people with this age-old recipe passed down from my mom who read it in a book. Reading is vital and it’s not illegal yet. (Read every day, mostly fact, a little fiction maybe. Tuliza hizo novel, grab a scientific study or get onto a health blog).
It is actually what got me into healthy living. In a nutshell, I was sick with a serious cold/flu, not sure but my instincts kept me from going to hospital. Mother simmered (cooked in low heat with water) some crushed garlic and ginger then added some fresh lemon and honey just before I drank it.
The next day I woke up feeling like a million bucks and the previous day I was in bed all day.
To me this was flabbergasting because I could not believe just a few ingredients costing almost nothing, could cure me so quickly, yet the pharmaceutical drugs that are expensive and fancy did not work.
You can use local garlic which is healthier but any garlic will do. If you have a cold, try this first. Someone even told me that she lost her voice, was injected with drugs to no avail but once she tried this elixir, boom, she was all healthy again.
Let thy food be thy medicine.
- 1/4 cup of freshly crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup of freshly crushed ginger
- 2 litres of water
- Green lemons
- Honey, to your liking. About 1 tablespoon per cup.
- Bring the water to boil, lower the heat, add the garlic and ginger, cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sieve, put in a cup and add fresh juice of a lemon and throw it inside there to get more nutrients from the skin. Add honey, drink twice or thrice a day
Do not miss our updates on how prepare Kenyan Traditional meals
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.