What follows is a list of some of the degrees courses offered by various universities in Kenya that students don’t want to study or with little demand.
KUCCPS Placement Report
KUCCPS, a body mandated with responsibility of placing government sponsored students to pursue degree, diploma and certificate courses on 2nd June 2020 announced that it had completed the process of placing students who did their KCSE 2019 examination to various Universities and Colleges.
Those students that attained grade C+ were qualified to apply to join various higher institutions of learning in Kenya to study degree courses under Government sponsorship.
A report released by KUCCPS shows that there were degree courses that had few to No students who applied to study them.
Degree Courses with Few Applicants
- Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship: Offered by Co-operative University Kenya, Karatina University and Maasai Mara University
- Bachelor of Science (Energy Technology): Offered by Egerton University
- Bachelor of Science in Automotive Technology: Offered by University of Eastern Africa Baraton and Egerton University
- Bachelor of Technology in Building Construction: Offered by Dedan Kimathi University, Egerton University, MMUST and TUK
- Bachelor of Technology in Renewable energy: Offered by Egerton University
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering: Egerton University, Kirinyaga University, Meru University of Science and Technology and Muranga University of Technology
Degree Courses that No student wants to study
- Bachelor of Science (Aquatic Resources Conservation and Development with IT): By Kisii University
- Bachelor of Science in Animal Production and Nutrition: Offered by Embu University
- Bachelor of science (Oceanography): By Pwani University
Learn more about: 2020 KUCCPS Update that we published earlier. For corrections, email us via our contact page.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.