Kenya National Union of Teachers (Knut) Secretary General Wilson Sossion has criticized the KCSE 2016 exam results that were released by CS Matiangi. While appearing on a TV interview, Sossion made the following points;
- Sossion: I agree in stamping out of examination cheating
- Sossion: Markers did their work well
- Sossion: I have a problem with the way the exams were processed
- Sossion: One grading system was applied across all subjects which is not the standard form
- Sossion: Look at population per subject and propose an appropriate grading system
- Sossion: Markers did not acquaint themselves with the exam papers before going to mark
- Sossion: Coming up with the marking scheme was not appropriate
- Sossion: We are not part of the cartels, we have just raised is specific concerns and want specific answers.
- Sossion: You cannot change the grading system so suddenly. You cannot use one uniform grading system.
- Sossion: We are not calling for remarking
The full remarks made by Wilson Sossion are available in a report published by KNUT.
Do not miss any of our updates!
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.