National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich has released the the Kenya Financial budget for year 2015/2016. The 2015 ksh. 2.1 trillion budget is an increase by 400 billion compared to 2014 which stood at ksh. 1.7 trillion.
The budget seems to have invested heavily in infrastructure development, education, health and road networks. Other sectors that the Kenya 2015 budget has given priority is agriculture, energy and tourism.
Henry Rotich also announced the introduction of tax Rebates to be given to employers who train 10 graduates for 6-12 months Internship Programs. This will be of great benefit to students who suffer looking for industrial attachment.
This is the 3rd Budget allocation prepared under the public finance management act by the jubilee administration. This comes amid the weakening of the Kenya shilling against major international currencies like the US dollar, The Euro among others.
How the Kenya ksh. 2 trillion 2015 Budget was allocated (read by National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich)
- University education-ksh. 52.9 billion
- HELB-Ksh. 7.5 billion
- County Government totally allocated-ksh. 287 billion
- leasing of medical equipments-ksh. 4.5 billion
- Uwezo fund-ksh. 850 million
- sanitary towels for school girls-Ksh. 400 million
- Women Enterprise fund-sh. 500 million
- school feeding programme- ksh. 1 billion
- Employment of 5000 teachers-ksh. 2.3 billion
- CDF-ksh. 35.2 billion
- Orphans-ksh. 9 billion
- Street families- ksh. 300 million
- Youth Enterprise Fund-Ksh. 300 million
- Rural electricity programmes-Khs.14.9 billion
- Youth empowerment and NYS allocated-Ksh 25 billion
- Tourism recover-Ksh. 5.2 billion
- Irrigation projects-13.8 billion
- Industrial development-Ksh. 3 billion
- Strategic grain reserve-khs. 2.7 billion
- Environmental conservation-Kh.12.6 billion
- Street lighting-ksh.4.5 billion
- Ongoing Road Construction-Ksh 58.5 billion
- Maintenance of roads- ksh26 billion
- Purchase of ferries-ksh 1.3 billion
- Konza city-ksh. 0.8 Billion
- Standard Gauge Railway allocation-ksh 118 billion
- Geothermal power allocation-ksh. 13.2 billion
- Power Transmission-ksh. 21.1 billion
- Security budget allocation-ksh. 223 billion (of which Ksh 112 billion goes to Defence, NIS and interior Ministry, Sh15 Billion for military modernization, Kshs 1.7 billion for police medical insurance…)
- EACC budget allocation-Ksh. Khs 2.6 billion
- The Office of Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) budget allocation-KSh. 2.2 billion.
Subscribe to email alerts below to get all updates about the Kenya 2015 financial allocation as read in the 2015/2016 budget. The budget speech read by National Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich is available in our you tube channel and subsequent post.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.
Make a decent living online by selling pdf Revision Papers, Class notes, Recipes, House Plans, templates, business plans, etc. at muthurwa.com and get paid via Mpesa.
Learn how it works →