KASNEB officially launched a new syllabus in July 2021. Below is a breakdown of CPA examination levels and exemptions for the new syllabus. We have also attached a pdf of the CPA new syllabus.
CPA new syllabus examination levels
Below are the levels of learning in the CPA (Certified Public Accountants) revised examination syllabus.
1. Foundation Level
- Paper 1: Financial Accounting
- Paper 2: Communication Skills
- Paper 3: Introduction to Law and Governance
- Paper 4: Economics
- Paper 5: Quantitative Analysis
- Paper 6: Information Communication Technology
2. Intermediate Level
- Paper 7: Company Law
- Paper 8: Financial Management
- Paper 9: Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Paper 10: Auditing and Assurance
- Paper 11: Management Accounting
- Paper 12: Public Finance and Taxation
3. Advanced Level
- Paper 13: Leadership and Management
- Paper 14: Advanced Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Paper 15: Advanced Financial Management
- Paper 16 (Section 1): Advanced Taxation
- Paper 16 (Section 2): Advanced Auditing and Assurance
- Paper 16 (Section 3): Advanced Management Accounting
- Paper 16 (Section 4): Advanced Public Financial Management
New syllabus study progression
Candidates will not be allowed to skip any paper. You cannot do a higher paper if you have not completed a lower one. For example, you cannot do paper 2 if you have not completed paper 1.
CPA Exemptions rules for new syllabus
CPA examination Exemption will only be granted to students who are holders of specific degrees and diplomas that are recognized and listed on the KASNEB website (kasneb.or.ke).
Credits for papers passed will be retained without limit.
In the new syllabus, CPA is still part of the KASNEB professional courses which comprises CS (Certified Secretaries), CIFA (Certified Investment and Financial Analysts), CCP (Certified Credit Professionals), and CISSE (Certified Information Systems Solutions Expert).
For detailed information, download CPA new syllabus pdf from this page. The pdf is 86 pages and contains information like examination rules, reading books, reference material, unit descriptions, learning outcomes, etc.
P.S. CPA new syllabus notes will be available for download at Muthurwa.com.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.
Leave a Reply