Jenga Payment Gateway is an online payment system brought to Kenyans by Equity Bank through Finserver Africa. In this article you will get to learn how to register and start using Jenga Payment Gateway and API.
Summary of Topics
- 1 What is Jenga Payment Gateway?
- 2 What is Finserver Africa?
- 3 Equity Bank account for Jenga Pay Transactions (Hapo)
- 4 Jenga Payment Gateway supported pay methods
- 5 How to register with Jenga Payment Gateway?
- 6 Jenga Payment Gateway Transaction Costs
- 7 Jenga API Transaction charges
- 8 More Details about Jenga API Integration
- 9 Jenga Payment Gateway Contacts
What is Jenga Payment Gateway?
Jenga Payment Gateway system is an online payment system that lets merchants integrate a number of payment methods like Credit Card or Debit Card, Visa Mpesa, PayPal, Mastercard, Alipay, Masterpass, e.tc to their eCommerce or websites or payment portals. It is available in a number of countries like Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Tanzania and South Sudan. Jenga Payment Gateway is managed by Finserver Africa.
What is Finserver Africa?
Finserver africa is a financial technology company that is owned by Equity Group Holdings Limited. It invests in Digital Banking and Online Payment systems. It is uses Equitel as its carrier. You can learn more about Finserver through its official website http://finserve.africa/
Equity Bank account for Jenga Pay Transactions (Hapo)
You will be required to create an Equity Bank HAPO account which can perform all the same functions as a normal Equity bank account. The benefits of creating this account include but are not limited to;
- You will get access to all other APIs
- Instant notifications for every singe movement of money
- Real-time insights
- 3rd party instant payment notifications
- Real-Time reconciliations
- Online account statements
Jenga Payment Gateway supported pay methods
Jenga Payment Gateway allows merchants to collect card information from clients that will facilitate accepting or making online payment. Payment methods supported include;
- Card: Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- Airtel Money
- MTN Money
- Tigo Cash
NOTE: More payment methods will be updated
How to register with Jenga Payment Gateway?
Below is how to create an account and start using Jenga Payment Gateway in your online website or shop.
- To register visit: https://jengahq.typeform.com/to/acVeS3
- Select whether you are interested in Jenga Payment Gateway or Jenga API
- Provide Some Details about yourself
- After you have completed filling the registration form click submit
- Wait for contact from Jenga HQ
NOTE: You must be a developer to integrate the Jenga API or Payment Gateway to your website. You can as well get intouch with guys at Jenga HQ for help with integration through email@example.com
Jenga Payment Gateway Transaction Costs
This is how much it will cost you when using Jenga pay.
Website Cards Transaction Cost
|Visa, MC, JCB, Maestro, Diners club, CUP||3.5%|
|AMEX and Pay Pal||3.5%|
|SSL Certificate(Sites not secured)||$60 (annually)|
Mobile Money Equitel, Airtel, Mpesa, Transaction
|Transaction value (Network Dependent)||MSC|
|1 TO 70,000 (for Equitel, Mpesa and Airtel Money)||1%|
|70,001 to 300,000 (for Equitel)||1%|
Jenga API Transaction charges
Here is what you will be charged for transaction through Jenga API.
a) MIGS APIs charges
|Visa, MC, JCB, Maestro, Diners club, CUP||2.70%|
|AMEX and Pay Pal||3%|
b) Partner Portal transaction cost
|Transaction volumes p.m. (KES)||0 -10,000,000||10,000,001 – 50,000,000||50,000,001 and above|
|Fixed Charge p.m. (KES)||5,000||10,000||20,000|
c) API Calls
|API Calls p.m.||0 – 100,000||100,001 and above|
|ACost per call (KES)||Free||1.00|
d) Open Banking API Transaction Charges
|Range||Wallet Mpesa/Airtel money wallets||Pesalink||RTGS||SWIFT||Paybills|
|7 501-10 000||85||50||550||1650||83|
|10 001-15 000||95||80||550||1650||110|
|15 001-20 000||100||80||550||1650||110|
|20 001-35 000||110||80||550||1650||110|
|35 001-50 000||N/A||80||550||1650||198|
|50 001-100 000||N/A||100||550||1650||220|
|00 001-500 000||N/A||300||550||1650||N/A|
|500 001-999 999||N/A||500||550||1650||N/A|
More Details about Jenga API Integration
Jenga Payment Gateway supports the OAuth 2.0 Authentication Framework, requiring you to provide a username and password, as well as an API key that you generate on Jenga
Once you have a token you can make subsequent requests to initiate payments, check completed transactions and more.
Jenga Payment Gateway Contacts
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow Jenga on: Twitter
- Join Jenga on: Slack community
- Jenga Payment Gateway website: http://jengapgw.io
- Jenga API Website: jengaapi.io
Do not miss all our latest updates about Jenga Payment