Learn about Infertility treatment in Kenya and some of the best gynecologists, hospitals or clinics in Nairobi for IVF egg and sperm donation.
Infertility in Kenya
Infertility is a condition where a woman is unable to get pregant. Normally, a couple ins considered infertile if they regularly have sex (and not under contraceptives) for two years and are unable to conceive a child. While the situation sounds scary and devastating, especially for newlyweds, the good news is that infertility in Kenya can become treated. The treatment is through medical Treatment or the home remedy option. Below is an explanation of each treatment method:
Infertility Home Remedies
Some of infertility home remedies include;
- Avoid drugs and alcohol as it is known to contribute to infertility in men
- Avoid hot baths as they can affect spam production
- If you are on medication, talk to your doctor for alternatives as some medication may lead to infertility
- Always exercise and maintain a good diet
Medical Treatment of infertility in Kenya
If you area a victim of infertility then you are required to consult a reproductive endocrinologists who after carrying fertility tests will prescribe different forms of treatment among which have been listed below. :
- Fertility medicines
These are drugs designed to increase the fertility level in either the man, the woman, or both. They include medications such as clomiphene citrate, gonadotropins, metformin, letrozole, and bromocriptine.
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
One of the reasons why a couple cannot conceive is because of damaged fallopian tubes. In such a case a procedure known as in vitro fertilization becomes conducted. It involves fertilization of the egg and sperm outside the body of a woman and monitoring of the new being.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
Low sperm production, thick cervical mucus, and semen allergy is as well another cause of infertility, especially in a man. With regards to this, the medical procedural Treatment recommended is intrauterine insemination. It involves the direct insertion of sperms into the uterus of the woman for fertilization.
Fertility clinics and hospitals in Kenya
Some of the best hospital and clinics that you should go for infertility treatment include:
- Mediheal Diagnostic and Fertility Centre
- The Nairobi IVF Centre
- Lifebridge Fertility Clinic Nairobi
- Nairobi West Hospital IVF Center
- Cost of IVF in Kenya
- Kenyatta hospital fertility Center
Gynaecologists in Kenya
Below is a list o some of the best gynecologists in Kenya:
- Dr. Khandwala at mediheal
- Dr. Yamal at 3rd Parklands, Doctors Park
- Dr. Kireki Omanwa: located at 5th Avenue Builidng, Ngong Road
- Professor Koigi Kamau, Drs plaza nairobi hospita
- Doctor kudoyi
- Dr. Murage Wachira : Located at Oil Libya, Opposite Muthuiga police station
- Dr. Wachira Murage: Located at Gilfillan House
- Dr Joshua Noreh at Nairobi IVF Center
IVF Cost in Kenya
The average cost of IVF treatment in Kenya is Kenya shillings 400,000 to 500,000.
Nairobi IVF Centre price is KES 380,000. The cost is inclusive of;
- ovarian stimulation
- ultrasound examinations
- egg retrieval
- embryo transfer
- pregnancy tests
For IVF Treatment with an Anonymous egg donor it will cost you Kenya shillings 480,000. To be on the safe side, make sure you set aside a minmum of Ksh. 500k for IVF.
For IVF treatment, we recommend Mediheal Diagnostic and Fertility Centre for the best results.
For the best IVF gynecologist, we recommend Dr. Khandwala who is available at mediheal .
Important! Infertility could result from either the man or the woman. If you are not able to get pregnant after a months of trial, the two of you should seek medical advice.