Below is a simple guide on how to prepare for your NTSA Driving test exam. You can also get a list of Driving School Questions and Answers.
NTSA Driving Test Location
The test takes place at NSA offices nearest your driving school and most cases in Nairobi it is NTSA offices in Industrial area.
For you to do the exams, you must have booked for the test driving exams. As at sharing this post, booking of NTSA Test exams used to take place through Ecitizen NTSA portal.
You will be required to produce your;
- ID (over 18)
- Test Application form (stamped by your Driving school)
Stage 1: Driving Test Theory
The first stage of the exams is theory where you will be tested on
- Model Town Board (You will be given a toy car and asked to drive it to a particular point on the model town board)
- Road signs (Here, random road signs will be pointed and you will be asked to name theme). They expect that you name at least half of the signs that they have pointed correctly.
The first stage should take you less than 5 minutes.
If you fail the first stage you won’t be allowed to proceed to the second stage which is driving test (practicals).
Stage 2: Driving test Practical
In the practical driving test, you will be given a vehicle and told to drive. They will test you on:
- how you prepare and start to drive
- how you make turns
- How you change gears while driving
- How you accelerate and apply brakes
- How you reverse and three point turn
NTSA Driving Test Results
Results will be released about 12 hours after doing the test.
Login to the NTSA Ecitizen portal, if it is written LICENSED you have passed the test. Mine was licensed the same evening after doing the test.
Watch the video below on preparing for your driving test exams
UPDATE: NTSA is in the process of migrating most of its online services from eCitizen portal to tims portal. Depending on when you read this article, there might be a difference in portals.
Check our category on Driving School Tutorials for more tips on how to pass your driving exams.