Everything you need to know on how to get a county government job, List of career portals , how to apply and key requirements of application.
County Government Jobs in Kenya
The 47 county governments of Kenya have countless employment opportunities each year. Many people believe that it is hard to land county government jobs and that the process of application is often complicated and that you will probably need some connections to land a job at the county government, but it is actually very possible to land a job in the county government.
To successfully land a job in the county government, you must apply for a position that suits your qualifications and you also need to be patient. For a majority of the county government jobs, you must be a Kenyan citizen. Foreigners are not eligible to apply for county government jobs in most cases.
Tips on how to get county government job
1) Prepare a detailed CV
Summarizing your work experience in a one-page CV is not advisable when applying for a county government job. A CV meant for the county government should be detailed and contain all the information on your work history, skills and experience in depth. Be sure to attach all the crucial attachments that are often required for such applications, for example, Academic certificates, KRA pin, HELB compliance certificate, Certificate of Good Conduct, CRB certificate, NHIF, NSSF, and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) certificate amongst others.
2) Apply before the deadline
Avoid last minute rushes while applying for a county government job because you might easily miss the deadline and your application will be dismissed. Remember that there are many Kenyans out there seeking job opportunities so it is important to make sure that you are amongst the first people to send in your application.
3) Check official websites of county governments for available job opportunities.
Almost all county government job openings are listed in the official websites of the counties listed below. You can also check for the job openings on various jobs websites listed here for more information on the minimum qualifications and duties of county government jobs.
4) Create a network.
Networking will go a long way in helping you land a county government job. If you know anyone that is working in a particular county government, you need to maintain your connections and have a good relationship with them because they are more likely to influence your chances of landing a job at the county government.
Key Requirements of Applying County Government Jobs in Kenya
Some of the key application requirements include;
- Helb Loan clearance certificate
- Kra compliance certificate
- Certificate of good conduct
- Crb clearance certificate
- EACC certificate of good conduct
List of County Government Job Portals
Below is a list of County Government job application pages;
- Bomet County Career Website
- Baringo County Career Portal
- Busia Count Vacancies
- Garissa County Open Positions
- Isiolo County Job Vacancies
- Kajiado County Jobs
- Kakamega County Government Jobs
- Kericho County Jobs (website not working as at 5th May 2019)
- Kiambu County Jobs
- Kilifi County
- Kirinyaga County Job Opportunities
- Kisii County Employment Posting
- Kisumu County Recruitment
- Kitui Government Careers
- Kwale County Vacancies
- Laikipia County Jobs
- Lamu County Public Service Board
- Makueni County Public Service Board
- Mandera County Vacancies
- Migori County Vacancies
- Marsabit Public Service Board
- Mombasa County Jobs
- Muranga County Careers
- Nairobi County Jobs
- Nakuru County Careers
- Nandi County Jobs
- Narok County Jobs
- Nyamira County careers
- Nyandarua County jobs
- Nyeri County Vacancies
- Samburu County Vacancies
- Siaya County Jobs
- Taita Taveta County Open Positions
- Tana River County Vacancies
- Tharaka Nithi Vacancies
- Trans Nzoia Jobs
- Turkana County Jobs
- Uasin Gishu County Public Service Board
- Vihiga County Careers
- Wajir County Jobs
- West Pokot County Jobs
- For National Government Jobs
NOTE: Missing Counties are not available for the following reasons as at 15th May 2019.
- Embu County (Website suspended by host company)
- Bungoma County (Website suspended by host company)
- Homabay County (website is infected with virus)
- Machakos County (does not have a website)
PS. Interested in generating income through working online in Kenya? check Muthurwa.com
Do not miss all our latest updates on county Government Job opportunities in Kenya
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.