What follows is a procedure on how to apply and join Kenyatta University Digital School of virtual and open learning for distance learning or online learning for September intake.
How to apply for KU distance learning
To apply and Join Kenyatta University Digital school for Distance learning
- Visit KU website: www.ku.ac.ke
- Go to to Digital School: Under the “Academics” pick Digital School
- Select Course to apply for: Once in the digital school website, under academics you will find a list of courses that are currently on offer through the digital mode of study and the fee structure.
- Go to online application portal
- Select Intake: You can wait until July to apply online for September intake.
- Apply for the course offered in digital school that you selected once September intake applications
- Admission and online learning: Once you are admitted, you will be given a Smartphone tablet, on the Tablet we shall upload the course content of your programme then you take it away, read on your own. You will be required to meet your lecturers for face-to-face tutorials on one weekend (only) per trimester (this is done at the Main Campus regardless of your Learning Centre); You will be required to go to the Digital School Learning Centre (within the country) for sit-in CATs once per trimester (on a weekend), then also go to the Centre for the main exam at the end of trimester (usually five weekdays).
- Online examinations: Throughout the trimester, you will be interacting with your lecturers online. Alongside the sit-in CATs, you will have online assignment.
In the event that you are not able to attend the Sit-In CATs and the End of trimester Exam within Kenya, you are required write officially to the Registrar (Academic), requesting to take the Sit-In CATs and End of trimester Examinations at the Kenya Embassy near you.
Information above was shared by the office of the dean, Kenyatta University Digital School and edited by our editor.