They are a number of eCommerce sites in Kenya but few of them are well established to offer deliveries. We have listed some of the best.
UPDATE: Check our latest list of eCommerce website rankings in Kenya.
eCommerce payment gateways in Kenya
eCommerce payment gateways in Kenya like Mpesa Paybill (API), JamboPay, PesaPal, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, etc have accelerated the growth of online shopping sites in Kenya. The most popular online payment systems in Kenya are credit cards and Mpesa express.
eCommerce builder platforms
eCommerce website builder platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento have also made the process of creating an eCommerce website much easier. You don’t have to be a developer or spend too much money hiring professional developers to create an eCommerce site.
Best eCommerce sites in Kenya
Below is a detailed list of the best eCommerce websites to shop online in Kenya. You can create a vendor account and sell your physical items on the websites listed below;
- Jumia.co.ke: Largest eCommerce site in Kenya
- Kilimall.co.ke: Mostly sells imported good from china.
- Avenchi.com: Best for shopping electronic products
- naivas.co.ke: Shop for Naivas supermarket products
- batakenya.com: buy bata shoes online in Kenya
- Masoko.com: This shop is run by Safaricom and majors in selling Smartphones
- jadecollections.co.ke: This shop sells Jade Collection fashion items
- Textbookcentre.com: Best eCommerce site for buying books online in Kenya.
- Saruk.coke: Offer Laptops and desktops
- Shopit.co.ke: Sells laptops and smartphones
- officemart.co.ke: Best eCommerce site to buy office products in Kenya.
How they work
To buy an item in any of the listed sites above, just create an account with them and place an order. Your item will be delivered to your location. Pay upon delivery in Kenya Shillings.
Most eCommerce sites in Kenya offer free delivery if you are based in Nairobi and you have shopped above a certain amount.
Do you know of any online shopping websites in Kenya that we have not listed? Let us know in the comment section below.