The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has issued a statement on the ongoing scam activities going on.
HELB statement on Online Cons
Beware of a con man using mobile number 0722224150. He is claiming to be a HELB staff and is asking for KES 1,500 to urgently process HELB Loans. He is claiming that since Cabinet Secretary, Treasury read the Budget for 2017/2018 yesterday 30th March 2017, the funds will be returned to Treasury.
HELB wishes to advise that this is not true and that the official contacts for HELB are Tel: 0711052000 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few things you should note to avoid being scammed
- HELB does not charge any fees for application
- HELB does not require you to pay any money to be given any loan
- HELB does not accept cash repayment
- The only situation you are required to pay money to HELB is when you are repaying your loan after completing campus and that is not done in cash.
- HELB official website and contacts are indicated in this page
- All HELB application are done online through the HELB portal
Be careful, do not be cheated.
[irp posts=”7901″ name=”List of online Kenya con men and con women that you should be aware of”]
Do not miss all our updates on HELB Loan new on Disbursements status!
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.