The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has issued a statement on the ongoing scam activities going on.
HELB statement on Online Cons
Beware of a con man using mobile number 0722224150. He is claiming to be a HELB staff and is asking for KES 1,500 to urgently process HELB Loans. He is claiming that since Cabinet Secretary, Treasury read the Budget for 2017/2018 yesterday 30th March 2017, the funds will be returned to Treasury.
HELB wishes to advise that this is not true and that the official contacts for HELB are Tel: 0711052000 and Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A few things you should note to avoid being scammed
- HELB does not charge any fees for application
- HELB does not require you to pay any money to be given any loan
- HELB does not accept cash repayment
- The only situation you are required to pay money to HELB is when you are repaying your loan after completing campus and that is not done in cash.
- HELB official website and contacts are indicated in this page
- All HELB application are done online through the HELB portal
Be careful, do not be cheated.
[irp posts=”7901″ name=”List of online Kenya con men and con women that you should be aware of”]
Do not miss all our updates on HELB Loan new on Disbursements status!