The Higher Education Loans Board invites applications for the 2016-2017 Postgraduate partial scholarships from Kenyan students enrolled for Masters and PhD programs in local Public or Private Universities recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
The value of the scholarship award is Kshs.250,000 and Kshs.500,000 for Masters and PhD programs respectively, tenable for 2 years in respect of the Master’s Program and 3 years for the PhD program.
- A Letter of Admission into a full or part time program in a local public or private university recognized by the Commission for University Education [CUE].
- Holder of minimum of Second Class Upper Division at undergraduate level.
- Reporting for 1st year of study in 2016/2017.
- Preference will be given to applicants undertaking Science, Technology and Engineering courses which will directly contribute to the national developmental goals aligned to the Vision 2030.
- If HELB loan beneficiary, the applicant should be repaying their loan for at least 6 months.
How to Apply:
- Applicant should register, access, duly complete and print the 2016-2017 Postgraduate Scholarship Application Form [PGSAF] on www.helb.co.ke
- Print two copies of the PGSAF.
- Have the PGSAF form appropriately filled, signed and stamped by the relevant authorities and attach all the necessary documents as indicated on the checklist.
- Submit one copy of the PGSAF duly completed, signed and stamped as well as the relevant certified copies of transcripts and certificates at HELB Student Service Centre on Mezzanine 1, Anniversary Towers.
- Retain one copy of the duly filled PGSAF for your records.
Please ensure that you read and understand the instructions provided on the website before you commence the application process.
The closing date for the loan application is 31 January, 2017.
1. A non-refundable application fee of Kshs 3,000 is to paid directly to HELB Operations A/C NO.1104823047 KCB University Way Branch
2. Do not pay any individual to process your HELB Scholarship Application
For more information please contact:
HELB Contact Centre: email@example.com
Facebook: Higher Education Loans Board
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.