Ministry of education CS George Magoha has today (29th September 2020) announced the official re-opening dates of Universities, Colleges, and TVET for final year students.
Re-opening of Universities
Final year students in different Universities are required to report to their respective schools on 5th October 2020.
Students in other years will have to wait for their University council or senate to announce the dates when they will re-open. This means that it will be the responsibility of university administration to decide when students in other years will re-open not the ministry of education.
Re-opening priority to be given to students doing practical courses.
Re-opening of TTCs and TVET
Teachers training colleges (TTC) and TVET institutions will re-open on 5th October 2020 for examination students. The board of different TTC and TVET are expected to come up and announce the dates when students in other classes will resume for face to face classes.
Requirements of re-opening Learning institutions
- All students, staff, and anyone accessing learning institutions will be required to be checked for body temperatures
- Hand washing and sanitizers should be used where necessary.
- Learning institutions that were used as quarantine centers should be fumigated
- Learning Institutions should be linked to a health facility
- The Head of management should ensure that their institutions have complied with the ministry of health COVID-19 guidelines.
Source of News: Ministry of education 29th September 2020 press release signed by Cabinet secretary for education Prof. George Magoha
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.