Being a densely populated city, Nairobi CBD has well-packed bus stations, terminus which may be confusing in terms of location and the destinations of their buses. Below are the most common bus stations in Nairobi city.
MACHAKOS COUNTRY BUS STATION
- It’s on Ladhus Road, opposite Muthaiga bus station.
- To get there, walk past Afya Centre to Haile Selassie Highway; you’ll come across Ukulima House near Muthurwa.
- Use Muthurwa fly over to cross towards Machakos Country Bus station.
- Buses found there go up to many rural areas in many counties, across the whole of Kenya.
KENCOM BUS STATION
- It’s located on City Hall way outside Kencom house and opposite Hilton Hotel.
- It’s one of the oldest bus stations in Kenya.
- Due to limited space, you are likely to find queues of buses all the way to Haile Selassie Avenue at August 7th Memorial Park.
- Some of the most common destinations of its buses are: Riruta, Jamhuri Estate, Kenyatta National Hospital, Karen, Ngummo Estate and Kawangware.
- It’s one of the most popular stages in Nairobi.
- It’s found along Accra Road, off Tom Mboya street.
- Most people call it ‘Tiiru’; to save time, I guess.
- It has different types of vehicles, especially 14-seaters going to many rural destinations across the country.
- Mombasa town buses such as Modern Coast, Oxygen and Coast Air are also found there.
Other common bus stations in Nairobi are:
- 17 B Mwiki
- Roysambu bus station
- Civoh bus station
- Muthurwa bus station
- Railway Station bus terminus
If you’re travelling upcountry or elsewhere via bus, it’s good to know beforehand which bus station is favorite for your destination, the average fare and the way to the bus station. Do that as a head start to a fruitful journey.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.