Learn how to download Branch Loan app, apply for a loan, repay and CRB clearance. You should receive Branch Loan instantly after applying but it can take upto 24 hours.
About Branch App
Branch app is a brand of by Branch International, a micro finance lending firm which begun its operation in Kenya. As at writing this article, Branch loan had expanded to India, Tanzania, Mexico and Nigeria and had 10 million installs.
You can access Branch app by downloading it from Google play store on your android smartphone.
You can borrow from Kenya shillings 250 to Ksh 70,000. Loans limit increase when you have a good repayment history.
Branch Interest rates do vary depending on the amount you borrow. The interest rates range from 10% to 27%.
How Branch app measures your credit score
Branch international uses data generated from machine learning algorithms to determine your credit score and whether you are eligible for a loan or not . Factors that affect your branch loan limit include repayment history, Handset details, sms logs, GPS Data and contact lists.
All you need to get a branch loan is a smart phone, a national ID number, and a safaricom line registered with Mpesa (for Kenyans).
How to download Branch App and create account
To download branch Android app:
- Go to Google play: Branch App.
- Download the application and install it.
- After installing, open the application and create your account using your phone number.
- Remember, you will need to follow all the procedures with an active online connection. The process cannot be completed offline.
How to apply for Branch Loan
Branch requires one account per person. Therefore, you shall not be able to access a loan using another phone number with your details. To borrow a loan after downloading the app follow the following procedures;
- Fill the required personal details in the app to allow branch to review your details and generate a credit score.
- You will need to input your country, national ID number, name, and date of birth.
- Wait for a feedback which will take a few seconds.
- When your account is validated, you will be directed to the loans offer page where you can see the loan limits you qualify for.
- Select the amount you want and submit.
- It will take a few minutes before you receive a status message on your branch app.
- The money will also be sent to your Mpesa account.
- You will also see in your branch app how much you need to pay, time and interest
How to repay branch Loan
To repay loan in Kenya;
- Go to Lipa Mpesa
- Enter Paybill Number: 998608
- Enter Account Number: Your Phone Number
- Amount: Amount you borrowed plus interest
- Then Pay
Branch Loan Default Consequences
If you default in repaying your branch loan, your name, ID and phone number shall be submitted to Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB). Even if you pay your loan later, it will take time before your name is cleared from CRB. Your credit score will also be significantly affected.
Branch Loan Common Errors and troubleshooting
Sim Card Unsupported: If your phone uses two Sim cards, try removing one. Branch currently only supports Safaricom sim cards in Kenya
Loan Rejection: Chances are you have never transacted through mpesa for a while or your sim card has been inactive. Ensure that you are also not listed on CRB
Loan approved but not credited into my mpesa account: Kindly contact support using the email provided below or click customer care button in the app.
Server error: If your internet connection is working then that is an issue on Branch’s server side. Try later or contact branch if the issue persists.
Branch Loan app contacts
You can contact Branch Customer care through:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://branch.co
- Facebook: branchkenya
This post written by Joesph Mwaniki and edited by Loans in Kenya Staff.
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. If you have any questions, you can ask it at Kenyayote Q&A forum and we will reply to you.