Looking for a Cheap smartphone in Kenya that meets all the students needs? This post guides you on what look for when shopping for the best smartphone that comes at a budget price for university and college students. We will consider, Camera specifications, battery life, inbuilt features, comparability and screen size. Mobile phone brands we will consider include; Samsung, Techno, Infnix, HTC, Xiaomi and Xtigi.
Why are smartphones important for students in Kenya
In the world today, particularly in Kenya, students do use smartphones for their studies and other non-academic purposes. Regarding studies, smartphones are used for note taking, planning students work, organizing study timetable, and for conducting some research on some topics being taught in the classroom.
Factors to consider before buying a budget smartphone for a student
Before purchasing a smartphone, it is important to always know the phone’s features and weather they suit your need as student or not. The following are some of the basic features a student’s smartphone should have:
- A good camera for taking clear images
- A device that charges and can store power for a longer duration
- A wide range of easy to use inbuilt features such as calculators and adobe readers.
- You also need to have a smartphone that is compatible with other electronic gadgets such as a tablet or a laptop computer.
- Lastly, students also opt for smartphones that have large screens
List of best Cheap smartphones for College and University students
Here is a list of some of the cheapest phones available for Kenyan students. We have also included their price and the important features. Please note that the list has been prepared in no particular order of preference. The phones re available in nearby shops and online stores IN Kenya like Jumia and Kilimall.
1. Techno Spark K7
- Price: less than 10,000 Kenyan shillings
- Features: 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM, 5.5 screen display size, 3G internet speed.
2. Techno F2
- Price: Sh. 6850
- Features: 1GB RAM, 5.0’’ screen display, 5MP camera, 3GB internet, 2000 mAh battery.
3. Xiaomi Redmi 5A
- Price: Ksh.10, 500
- Properties: 16GB internal memory, 13MP camera, 4G internet, 3000 mAh battery.
4. HTC Desire 10 Pro
- Prices: $180
- Features: 4GB Ram, 64GB internal storage, 13MP, 4GB LTE.
5. Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Plus
- Price: Ksh. 10, 500
- Features: 5” screen size, 8gb internal memory, android marshmallow 6.0, dual simcard, 4G internet.
6. Infinix Hot 5 (X559c)
- Price: $100
- Feature: 5.5” high dimension display, 16GB internal memory, 2GB Ram, 8M camera, Android 7 operating system.
7. X-TIGI phone
- Price: Ksh. 8000
- Features: 6.0” HD screen display, 16GB storage capacity, 3000mAh, 5 MP rear cameras with flash.
Do not miss all our latest review of the best cheap smartphones for campus students
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.For advertising and news tips, email email@example.com
Leave a Reply