Horticulture is more developed in Netherlands than Kenya because;
- Highly organizes marketing systems due to well developed cooperatives to market the produce, supply inputs, organize auction and advanced credit to farmers
- Highly developed transport system in addition to its central location in Europe, makes it accessible to external markets
- Ready market from the populuos urban areas and Europe.
- Extensive and successful research has led to high quality crop varieties and effective pest and diseases control
- Presence of advanced technology has enabled use of greenhouse with heating systems
- Availability of skilled labour with a long tradition in floriculture.