Today standard eight pupils including our last born Virginia did their last paper and said bye after the long eight years of lower primary education. I cannot imagine that I studied all through those 8 years sitting for over 8 hours in a day in class. Primary and high school to me was a like a stress industry. Learning so much Algebra in Mathematics that is unnecessary in the real world. Where on hell will that complex Algebra help you? I think in mathematics, pupils should only learn addition, subtraction, multiplication and maybe division, because they are at some point applicable in real life time.
Though I still had to go through lots of university examinations, but I remember that day when I did my last KCPE paper and walked out of the examination hall. I cannot forget my best primary school friend Geoffry. I cannot also forget my friend Winnie and the crazy things we used to do in the name of love. Anyway, below are my primary school worst moments and my anticipation after completing KCPE way back;
- Waking up early in the cold morning. I cannot forget that alarm at 6:30 am. It sucked when I was in my warm blanket then my mother just comes and rips the blanket off my body and the cold comes.
- Failing in my examination: when I used to fail in my examination, my primary teachers used to call my parents and tell them how terrible I am doing in particular subjects. I hated these teachers. They just couldn’t spare me when I failed.
- Doing Homework: Homework was like slavery to me. I lost a lot of sleep due to these home works. They used to damage my mental health. They used to deny me a lot of fun with my friends
My expectations were;
- I will be going to a boarding high school. Never did I know that high school was another prison.
- I will be going away from my parents where I will choose what to do only to reach high school and find it worse than primary school.
What was your worst primary school moments? Let us know in the comment section below as we mark the last day of KCPE.