Working for the Kenya Red Cross society can job holders a great personal fulfillment of knowing that you are part of the largest humanitarian organization in the world.
About Kenya Red Cross Society
The Kenya Red Cross society is one of the many subsidiaries of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement society across the world. Founded in 1965, the organization has been assisting Kenyans in dealing with various issues affecting them, creating awareness and supporting several projects in the country. Red Cross Kenya also provides assistance to the Kenyan public during crises such as natural disasters, emergencies and when conflict arises. Below is a summary of the key qualifications and skills required to land a job at Red Cross Kenya.
Qualifications for Working at Red Cross Kenya
There are various jobs available at the Red Cross which require various academic qualifications based on the fields. Some of the major fields that Red Cross sources its employees from include healthcare, finance, IT, administration, human resource, disaster management amongst others. The organization also offers volunteer programs and training to the volunteers to enable them to learn the basic skills required while performing their duties. Generally, the academic qualifications needed to land a job at Red Cross vary according to the various job placements.
Skills and competencies to work at red cross Kenya
Some of the competencies include;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to handle work load.
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Being flexible, confident and proactive.
- Ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to travel and work as per the requirements of the organization
- IT skills.
- Ability to work and interact with people from different background.
- Having relevant experience in your field is also an added advantage.
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
How to apply for Red Cross jobs (procedure)
If you are interested in applying for any Kenya Red Cross career and meet the qualification, send your application details to email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your application to the following postal address;
- The Secretary General
- Kenya Red Cross Society P.O.
- Box 40712-00100,
List of common Red Cross Jobs
Below is a list of jobs you are likely to find at Red Cross Kenya;
- Production Manager
- Data Management Officer
- Finance Officer
- Finance Officer
- Medical Officer
- Clinical Officer In Charge
- Head Nurse
- Grant Assistant
- Logistics & Warehouse Supervisor
List of all latest Kenya Red Cross Careers available in this page: Red Cross Opportunities
Do not miss all our latest updates on red cross Kenya jobs