Working at Kenya and application: Electrical technicians work on electrical systems, apparatus, components, and equipment at Kenya Power. The main responsibility of an electrical technician is to repair, install and the maintenance of power, lighting and control system of the company and its clients.
Key requirements and competencies
Some of the requirements of working at Kenya Power as a technician include;
- A certificate/diploma/degree in electrical engineering or any related field from a technical institution or any other recognized institution.
- Previous work experience is an added advantage
- Ability to read and understand electrical plans and documents.
- Ability to comprehend electrical terms and drawings
- Should be a team worker.
- Willing to work under minimal supervision and be ready to avail oneself when called for duty.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
Major responsibilities of electrical technicians
You responsibilities as technician include;
- Repairing faulty electrical apparatus, components, and systems.
- Examining electrical apparatus, components, and systems to establish potential dangers
- Maintaining electrical apparatus, equipment’s and appliances
- Communicating with the team leader and reporting potential hazards.
- Aiding during emergencies.
- See to the adherence of electrical codes
- Performing general electrical maintenance.
- Identifying defects in electrical systems, apparatus, and components.
How to apply for Kenya Power Jobs
if you are interested in working for Kenya power as an electrical technician, you will be required to visit the Kenya power careers page. Under the Public Information tab and Career Opportunities section and register at the career portal. After completing the registration process, you can now proceed to log in to the portal and apply for available opportunities.
You will receive an email with a link that you will be required to click in order to update your details and apply for jobs under Employment Opportunities Tab.
Kenya Power Attachment Opportunities
In order to secure an attachment opportunity with Kenya Power, you must be available for 3 months and be a continuing students doing a degree or diploma course. Attachment applications can be done via the link provided above.
Do not miss all our latest news updates on Kenya Power Jobs
Lastly, don’t be in the dark, use the form below to Subscribe for our latest Education News, and interesting campus stuff. You can also comment below for any Question and We Will reply to you.