Below are answers to the business question; Where is a Credit Note used and sample credit note document.
Sample Credit Note Letter
Below is a sample Credit Note Document;
What is a Credit Note?
A credit Note is a document sent to the customer to inform him of money that a business owes him or money he is supposed to be refunded for goods that he purchased which are not in good condition or were over paid.
Where is a Credit Note Used?
Some of the circumstances under which a credit document can be used include;
- When correcting arithmetic error resulting into overcharge.
- Where the buyer has been charged higher prices than the recommended price.
- When items included in the invoice were not delivered.
- When a deserved discount is not given. (v) When the buyer has returned some goods.
- When empty crates /packaging for which a deposit had been paid are returned.
Do not miss all our latest updates on Credit Note documents
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.