Below are answers to the business question; Where is a Credit Note used and sample credit note document.
Sample Credit Note Letter
Below is a sample Credit Note Document;
What is a Credit Note?
A credit Note is a document sent to the customer to inform him of money that a business owes him or money he is supposed to be refunded for goods that he purchased which are not in good condition or were over paid.
Where is a Credit Note Used?
Some of the circumstances under which a credit document can be used include;
- When correcting arithmetic error resulting into overcharge.
- Where the buyer has been charged higher prices than the recommended price.
- When items included in the invoice were not delivered.
- When a deserved discount is not given. (v) When the buyer has returned some goods.
- When empty crates /packaging for which a deposit had been paid are returned.
Do not miss all our latest updates on Credit Note documents