The 2014 College and University rankings released by 4ICU an online reputable college and university ranking company indicates that the one prestigious Makerere University which was also the first University to be established in East and Central Africa has dropped its ranking from top to 3rd position in East and Central Africa. Makerere has been overtaken by Tanzania’s University of Dar es Salaam and Kenya’s University of Nairobi.
Kenya produced 40% of the top 10 universities followed by Sudan which produced 20%. South Sudan, Burundi, Central Africa Republic and Democratic Republic of Congo did not produce any university in the top 10.
Countries that make up the large East and Central Africa are Burundi, Central Africa Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda.
The top 10 Universities in East and Central Africa are;
- University of Dar es Salaam-Tanzania
- University of Nairobi-Kenya
- Makerere university-Uganda
- University of Khartoum-Sudan
- Addis Ababa University-Ethiopia
- Sudan University of Science and Technology-Sudan
- College of arts, and social science, University of Rwanda-Rwanda
- Moi university-Kenya
- Strathmore university-Kenya
- Kenyatta university-Kenya
Do you have any inquiry about the top 10 universities in East and Central Africa? Let us know through our fb inbox here
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of thousands of members that receive latest education news.