What follows is an article that lists shops where you can buy Genuine or Original smartphones in Nairobi, Kenya and how to detect fake Samsung phones.
My Story with Samsung Fake Phones
In 2016 I purchased a smartphone from a retailer who claimed to be selling Original Samsung Phone. The phone was going at Ksh. 32k. Within 3 months the phone was locked. It was asking for some code for it be unlocked. Attempts to unlock it using provided codes failed. I was getting these error messages“Unlock code request unsuccessful” and “Failed to unlock network.” Then came a worse scenario, my phone suddenly shut down and it could not turn on.
I reached out to Samsung Nairobi office for help and they said that the phone in question was original but it was not meant to be used in Kenya. That sounded weird to me but to cut the long story short I had purchased a Genuine phone from the wrong dealer. Samsung also encouraged me to always buy phones from their approved retail partners in Kenya.
Where to buy Original or Genuine Samsung phone in Kenya
Below is a list of approved Samsung retail partners where you should buy your samsung phone;
- Makarim Limited (Hilton Arcade Mamangina Street, Nairobi)
- Finecom Service Centre Limited (Giwajee Building ,Digo Road, Mombasa)
- Mitsumi Computer Garage Ltd (41 Westland Road Westland, Nairobi)
- Alsaa Investment Limited (Woodvale Centre, Woodvale Grove, Westlands, Nairobi, Mombasa )
- Technology Partners Ltd (Garden City Mall, Thika Road, Nairobi)
- Panna Music Centre (Ground Floor, Swan Center, Oginga Odinga street, Kisumu, Kericho, Eldoret)
- FoneXpress Ltd (Armee Arcade Mall,Muthithi road, Nairobi)
- Panna Music Centre (Market Street,Opp.stagematt, Kericho)
- Hotpoint Appliances Ltd (Sarit Centre, Lower Kabete Rd, Nairobi, Mombasa)
- Makarim Limited (Gateway Mall, Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Juja, Kitengala)
- Panna Music Centre Eldoret (Kenyatta Street, Opposite Telkom, Eldoret)
- Shankar Electronics Limited (Africa Building – Moi Ave, Mombasa)
- Finecare (Lithuli AVenue, Skymall Building, Nairobi, Thika, Nyeri, Meru, Narok, Kitui)
- Safaricom shops countrywide
NOTE: The above list of companies have been provided by samsung
You can get the above companies in the Malls in Kenya listed below
- Westgate Mall
- Junction Mall
- Sarit Centre
- Garden City
- Nyali Centre in Mombasa
Procedure of checking Samsung Phone warranty via sms
First you need to register your phone using sms. Simply send an sms using the format;
- Reg* IMEI NUMBER# to 22585
To check for warrantly simply send sms using the format’
- Check* IMEI NUMBER# to 22585
NOTE: Dial *#06# to get your IMEI
Samsung smartphones do come with a 2 year warranty.
Do not miss all our latest updates on where to buy genuine and original Samsung phones
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.