What to do when your KCSE results have been cancelled or you receive a “Y
According to KNEC regulations, any candidate whose results in any subject are cancelled shall be awarded a subject grade ‘Y’ and an overall result ‘Y’ in the entire examination.
A candidate whose results are cancelled may not sit for any Council examination for a subsequent period of two (2) years, and shall then be required to re-sit the entire examination (law is subject to update).
How do you go about remarking of your KCSE examinations
According to the Kenya National Examination council act 24;
- Any queries on results shall be made as soon as results are released, and in any case not later than the 30 days after the release of the examination results.
- Remarking of scripts may be undertaken by the Council at the written request of the headteachers who presented the candidate.
- Requests for remarking from a private candidate shall be channeled through the County Directors of education (CDEs) or the District Education Officers of the Ministry of Education.
- The Council shall undertake to remark scripts only after satisfactory reasons are given by the requesting headteacher justifying the remarking of scripts for a candidate whose results have already been issued.
- The Council may reject any request for remarking where in its opinion, a strong case for the same has not been established.
- A request for remarking may be channeled through the County Directors of education or the District Education Officers together with the fee prescribed by the Council so as to reach the Council within thirty days of the date of release of results.
- You can also file complaint to KNEC. Where the Council finds, after investigation, that there were no irregularities or misconduct at an examination centre, it shall release the results of the students at that examination centre.
NOTE: It is important that you take immediate action after realizing that your examination results have been cancelled. Remarking has a timeline.
Lastly, did you miss what you were looking for? Use Our search form to get more information Or comment below for any Question or Contribution and We Will reply to you