Pope Francis in Kenya: 7 facts to know about pope Francis visit to Nairobi, Kenya
Pope Francis will be in Kenya from 25th-27th November of 2015. We have a comprehensive page about places pope will visit in Kenya, photos of pope in Kenya preparation, where to spend a night for Pope Francis visitors.
Below are 7 facts that you should know before pope Francis lands in Kenya
- There are 14 million Catholic in Kenya. We expect 10% of them or 1.4 Million from all over the country to attend the Papal High Mass, here in Nairobi;
- There are a just about 1,000 Catholic Parishes in Kenya alongside 20,000 outstations and places of prayer. With every parish expected to bring at least 3 buses of pilgrims, we are looking at no less than 4, 000 buses, and thousands of personal cars in the city during the Holy Fathers visit.
- At the High Mass on November 26, we are expecting up 60 Cardinals, Archbishops and Bishops from the Eastern Africa region to join us.
- Additionally, there will be 9,000 priests, clergy and religious at the Mass.
- 12 Choirs from different parts of the country have been practising for High Mass and will come together at the High Mass to form Muungano Choir.
- All the Holy Father’s events in Kenya will be followed live in 140 countries and 5,000 Television stations worldwide. They will be complemented by more than 10,000 radio stations.
- Up to One Billion people from across the globe will be watching and following the events in our beloved country in those three most Holy of days for Catholic faithful.
To get all the latest updates about Pope Francis In Kenya visit here