The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) notified motor vehicle and car dealers in a gazette notice dated 15th April, 2016 that they will be introducing Third Identifier Sticker that would serve an recognizer during motor vehicle inspection. A new memo released by NTSA is available below. We have also shared details on what you should know about the NTSA Third Identifier Sticker as shared by one of the insurance companies. You might be interested to confirm with your insurance company.
NTSA Third Identifier Sticker motor vehicle Inspection gazette notice
“The National Transport and Safety Authority wishes to notify motor vehicle owners that with effect from 1st October, 2017 all motor vehicle inspection bookings will be charged an additional one-off fee of Kshs. 700 for the Third Identifier Sticker. The acquisition of the Third Identifier is line with Traffic (Registration Plate) Rules, 2016 (Legal Notice No.62) gazetted on 15th April, 2016.
Application for the Third Identifier is through the Integrated Transport Management System (TIMS), available on the NTSA website (www.ntsa.go.ke). On completion of the inspection process, one will be issued with the sticker and it will serve as the official NTSA Motor Vehicle Inspection Sticker and can be read electronically.
The Third Identifier will be placed on the wind screen of a motor vehicle and will bear discrete and covert features of the motor vehicle registration,ownership and inspection details.
Due to its security features, the sticker is protected against forgery and is automatically destroyed when removed or tampered with. Therefore, no one should be allowed to tamper or remove the sticker for any reason. In case the sticker is damaged, the owner should apply for a replacement at Ksh. 700. The Third Identifier has a ten (10) year validity period before one makes a replacement.
Enquiries on the Third Identifier should be sent to email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the free NTSA App available for download on Apple and Google Play Store.”
Statement by one of the Insurance companies giving more clarification on the above NTSA NOTICE
- Brand new motor vehicles (zero mileage) 3rd license sticker already implemented from 1st July 2017.
- Motor vehicles undergoing inspections will be issued with the sticker during inspection from 1st October 2017. All motor vehicle inspection bookings will be charged an additional one-off fee of Kshs. 700/-
- Imported second hand motor vehicles will be issued with the 3rd license sticker during inspection – This will start in 2018 specific date to be communicated.
- All registered private motor vehicles (those that do not undergo inspection), 3rd license sticker will be implemented in 2018 specific date will be communicated to the public.
- NTSA to collaborate with insurance companies to issue stickers to private motorists during renewal of motor insurance. To be rolled out in 2018 actual date not specified.
Do not miss all our latest updates and clarification on NTSA Third Identifier Sticker motor vehicle
Lastly, do you have any question about this post, education related, or something else? We are responding.