National Super Alliance (NASA) party of Kenya is a coalition that brings together four political parties. That is Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) led by Raila Odinag, Wiper Party led by Kalonzo Musyoka, Ford Kenya party led by Moses Wetangula and ANC party led by Musalia Mudavadi.
What is Kalonzo Musyoka’s Position in NASA party of Kenya?
Kalonzo Musyoka appears to be second in in command in NASA party. This is just by the strength of the coalition partners in-terms of numbers. Raila Odinga appears to be the NASA supreme as he commands a larger following. Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula come in third and fourth position respectively.
The party selected a committee of members, three coming from each of the four parties. The committee is supposed to come up with a formula that will guide on who should be presidential candidate of NASA.
It however appears that Kalonzo Musyoka is uncomfortable in NASA, as he wants to be the presidential flag bearer not the deputy as it is being suggested in the public domain.
Kalonzo Musyoka Political Profile
- Served as Vice-President of Kenya from 2008 to 2013
- Came 3rd in the Presidential Race in 2007
- Served as Minister of the Environment from 2004 to 2005
- Served again as Minister of Foreign Affairs again from 2003 to 2004
- Served as Minister for Foreign Affairs from 1993 to 1998
- Served as Deputy Speaker of the National assembly from 1988
- Served as Assistant Minister for Works, Housing and Physical Planning from 1986 to 1988
- Elected as Kitui North Constituency mp 1985
[irp posts=”21057″ name=”NASA Kenya Launch: National Super alliance party flag bearer politics”]
Do not miss our update once NASA names its presidential flag bearer. Will it be Kalanzo Musyoka or Raila Odinga.
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join 235k+ subscribers that receive latest education news.
Looking for the best approved TVET College in Kenya offering business, journalism, engineering, ICT, Tourism, and much more courses? Then consider joining RVIBS.
Learn more about RVIBS→