Safaricom Mpesa Payment Card has officially been launched. The Smart card was unveiled during the announcement of the Safaricom FY Results, 2017. It comes with tags, wrist bands, devices and cards utilizing the near field communications technology (NFC).
About the Mpesa Payment Card
The Safaricom smart card looks more like the Debit and Visa Cards but the functionalities
are not the same . The card allows for payment of services and goods instantly.
All about the Mpesa Payment Card: How to use it, top it up, check balance
How to use Safaricom Mpesa Payment Card
- Use of the M-PESA Card is restricted to the locations appointed by Safaricom in its sole discretion (“Locations”).
- You will not be able to use your M-PESA Card after its expiry date as indicated on the Card.
- Your M-PESA Card is not a credit card or a debit card. You will not earn any interest on any funds loaded on your M-PESA Card. Transactions done will automatically debit the M-Pesa wallet.
- You will be eligible for Bonga points for transactions paid for through your MPESA Card.
Who is Eligible to use Mpesa Payment Card
- To apply for our M-PESA Card you must be at least 18 years old and a holder of either a National Identity Card or a Military ID or a valid Passport or alien ID.
- You must be a registered M-PESA user.
- The M-PESA Card is only available to individual M-PESA Customers and is not available to M-PESA Paybill or M-PESA Merchant Customers.
Where to get or apply for Mpesa Payment Card and activation
- The M-PESA Card will be issued in Safaricom Shops and selected dealers available in the Locations listed at no cost to you (free)
- The M-PESA Card will be activated for your use. Your Card will be paired with your MSISDN in the Safaricom M-PESA Card Management System.
- You will receive a message on your MSISDN advising you of activation. You will also be directed on where to access these Terms and Conditions in order to accept or reject them. Once you accept the Terms and Conditions your Card will be activated and you will receive a message advising of the successful activation.
How to deposit money in your Mpesa Card
Your M-PESA Card is linked to your M-PESA account. Therefore, before using the M-PESA Card it is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds in your M-PESA account to cover your transaction plus the costs of the transaction where applicable.
How to use Mpesa Card
You can use your M-PESA Card at any outlet with a Lipa Na Mpesa (LNM) Point of Sale (POS) within the Locations as listed
How to replace Mpesa Card
In the event the M-PESA Card is lost, stolen or misplaced, you can replace your Card at any of the Locations at a fee appointed by Safaricom
NOTE: We invest a lot in Research. Do us a favor and link to our website if you have to use our content.
Do not miss all our latest updates about the MpesaCard and Safaricom FY Results, 2017 (financial year results summary)
Lastly, do you have any question about this post or something else? We are responding. Ask us a question or register to join a community of 235k+ members that receive latest education news.For advertising and news tips, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply